Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Do birds, bees and educated fleas really do it??

Do birds, bees and educated fleas really do it?? Fall in love? Nope, I was talking about sleep!! But it is early and I had to get your attention some how!! :)
Sleep is a rather rare elusive creature to millions of people and I am one of those..I never was one to sleep very long or well. My father taught us to get up with the chickens every morning. But some where in the last 20 years sleep became an almost extinct habit to me. I have fibromyalgia and sleep is most important to fibro suffers but it is one of the biggest problems for fibro suffers.
Doctors at Mayo Clinic told me one of the reasons that I do not sleep well is because of a lack of natural Melatonin. What is Melatonin? It is a natural occuring hormone produced by the pineal gland which is in your brain and it
that controls your natural cycle of sleeping and waking hours. I, along with many others, do not produce enough Melatonin and therefore do not sleep well.
If you have trouble sleeping you might ask your doctor about taking Melatonin. It just might help you sleep. But never start taking anything, even over the counter, without first consulting your doctor about it as everyone is different and you need to know if it might have a interaction with other things you might take.
By the by..bees do not sleep..fleas do not sleep and birds only sleep seconds at a time. As for me, last night was one of those no sleep nights..was up until 4am!! Wonder if a nap is in my future?
Have a wonderful, productive and blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment