Monday, September 13, 2010

It Don't Come Easy

I am so reminded this morning, as I made my daily status post on Facebook of the words of this song:
"Got to pay your dues if you wanna sing the blues
And you know it don't come easy
You don't have to shout or leap about
You can even play them easy"
Now I am no expert on interpretation of what Ringo had in mind, but this is what it means for me:
Got to pay your dues if you wanna sing the blues:
I pay my due respect every day to the God who made me and gave me what I have, but some days I sing the blues and then I remember what I do have and that none of it came easy to me, but for me I do want to shout and leap about and share it with the world and those I admire and love.
"Open up your heart, let's come together
Use a little love and we will make it work out better"
Do we really open our hearts or do we just say we do? It is amazing what a little love shown for fellow man can do and how it can make your own life so much better.
"I don't ask for much, I only want your trust
And you know it don't come easy
And this love of mine keeps growing all the time
And you know it don't come easy"
Trust never comes easy and so many times one gives trust and gets tread upon and fears ever giving trust again. But let the love within you grow and trust can come again..oh yes it is human nature to be leary once our trust is broken, but you can do it if you just try.
"Peace, remember peace is how we make it
Here within your reach if you're big enough to take it"
There is so much unrest in our world and some times it seems if it will never be peaceful. But, and let me tell you that is a big BUT... we can find peace if we try to reach within ourselves and then extend that branch of peace to someone else who has touched us in some way. Forgiveness and trust are hard things to earn and to keep giving to one who may discard your trust and one who may not be easy to forgive. But do we really need to live with these things eating and gnawing our souls and our health away?
Most of us believe in a higher power and that higher power does not want us to be constantly at war within ourselves and in our daily walk with others of the world.
I would love simpler times and would love to buy the world a 'coke" and 'sing in perfect harmony'..is that even possible? It don't come easy but maybe, just maybe if we go back to a simpler concept and find peace within our own hearts and souls and maybe I am an idealist, but I wonder if we could find things do come easier. The world is huge place maybe not just by mileage but by our differences, but as it is said a journey begins with just one step, one step in the right direction would be to trust, love and extend your heart and hand to one person each day. I feel as artists and crafters we can touch the world together. How will you start your journey today?
Thanks for letting me be philosophic this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment